Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rag Rug Update - Only 2 colors left!

Only 2 more colors left. One method for going around the corners is to add and take away stitches as needed. I found that if the rug starts to turn up, then an extra stitch is needed. If the edge begins to "bubble up," then you would need to skip a stitch. These tips will help keep your rug flat. I used several different types of fabric making the rug as well. I found that when I used a thicker fabric, such as velour or home decor fabric, I had to skip a stitch here or there to keep the rug flat. I will have one final post so that you can see the finished rug!


6 comments:

BadCat said...

This is absolutely amazing! I love it. That's a lot of hard work!

April said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I'm not generally a rug person, but THAT me likes!!!

Esther McIsaac said...

Is that a gift? Wow!

Anonymous said...

WOW that looks like a lot of work, and it turned out very cool!

ChamberryCherry said...

Amy....it is fabulous! those colors are awesome! and you need to market these, they are wonderful!

Susie said...

You have a real gift my friend! These are all fabulous!
Glad to have you on Artfire!