Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thomas the Train Quilt for the Little Guy!

My little guy loves Thomas the Train! When I saw this fabric panel online, I knew that I wanted to make David a quilt. I found some cute Thomas the Train track fabric at Walmart for the back of the quilt. This was a quick quilt to make. I placed the batting on the floor, followed by the backing, wrong side down, and then the quilt top, right side down. I pinned the layers together and sewed around the perimeter, leaving a space to turn the quilt right side out. Next, I removed the pins, turned the quilt right side out, and blind stitched the opening closed. Finally, I tied the quilt, spaced at every 5 inches.

4 comments:

Momma J said...

That is awesome!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
www.crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com

Carry Grace said...

Cute! We are big Thomas fans here.

Mo Pho said...

Wow, I'm sure he will LOVE that! Such a wonderful quilt :)

Anonymous said...

Your little guys is lucky to have a mommy who sews! Great quilt!